Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding 2D hardware such as hinges, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Alright, I want to add some hinges.…The problem is I don't want to add real hinges.…Because of the fact that, suppose we're doing a hospital,…and we had a thousand of these cabinets.…You want to have four hinges per cabinet times a thousand?…Nah, I don't think so.…So what we're going to do is we're going to make hinges,…but they're going to be line work.…They're still going to be smart,…and they're still going to be parametric.…So I'm going to open up my wall cabinet hinges model,…or you can just open up whatever model…you've been working away in.…I'm going to go to my purple R drop-down,…and I'm going to go the New,…and I'm going to go the Family.…
Go to my favorite Generic Model Face-Based,…and I'm going to hit Open.…Now I'm still going to use reference planes,…so I'm going to right-click on this reference plane,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to click on Pick Lines.…I'm going to offset a quarter of an inch.…I'm going to go to the left a quarter of an inch.…I'm going to increase my scale by a lot.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.