Dimensions are pretty key. And they are simple to configure and use. What this video will show is how to modify dimension types. We will also look at the different ways we can add dimensions to our models. One big thing about dimensions that I love is how to set up an equall constraint. We can then see how to display an EQ or the actual increment.
- [Voiceover] Let's talk about dimensions.…What I'd like to do is jump into Revit,…go to our top of footing plan and dimension it up.…Under projects, let's click open.…Let's go to dimensions, let's click open.…First thing I'd like to do is, in the project browser,…let's go down to top of footing.…Let's pick on the bottom here.…Let's get rid of the Rebar.…So let's type v g, let's scroll down the structural Rebar,…and turn it off.…Click apply.…
Click OK.…Now, first thing I'm gonna do is a string of dimensions.…But before I even do that, let's go to annotate.…Look at all the dimension choices we have.…Let's click our dimension drop-down,…and notice that these are the dimension configurations…or the dimension types.…Let's go to linear dimension types.…Now, each test is different.…The test I took had a certain configuration.…The test you're gonna take is gonna…have a different configuration.…Just know that whatever they want your Dim Style…to look like, you wanna come in here,…and set it up in here.…
So string type continuous.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.