Let's talk about text! This video will show you how to add Revit text. Something I'm guessing you know how to do. How could you not. The Revit text editor is horrible. Or is it? new to 2017 we have a new text editor in Revit. Yeah! it's still lacking in some departments, but boy is it much better. We will learn how to configure the leader arrow head as well as bulleted lists.
- [Narrator] In this video I want to examine…the text editor that we've been waiting for for a long time.…Under project let's go new.…We can use the mechanical template, let's click okay.…Let's go insert, let's click on Link Revit.…Let's grab Architectural, let's click open.…Let's select our model and click the pin button.…Let's hit escape a couple of times.…
Now, let's scroll into this area.…I want to go to my annotate tab.…I want to come down here and find my text panel.…But right here is text types, I want to go ahead…and click on that little arrow.…For the type let's change the type to 3/32nd Arial,…and let's take a look at some settings.…For a leader arrowhead, arrow 30 degree…is the worst arrowhead ever, so let's go…arrow filled 15 degree,…and we'll look at tab size in a bit.…
Let's come down to width factor,…and for the width factor I'm going to type in….8, and I'm gonna click okay.…Now either on my quick access toolbar…or on my text panel I'm gonna click the text button.…In the properties I'm gonna make sure…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.