Let's talk about text! This video will show you how to add Revit text. Something I'm guessing you know how to do. How could you not. The Revit text editor is horrible. Or is it? new to 2017 we have a new text editor in Revit. Yeah! it's still lacking in some departments, but boy is it much better. We will learn how to configurte the leader arrow head as well as bulleted lists.
- [Voiceover] Let's talk about text.…Text has come a long way in a year in Revit,…I'll tell you that, let's take a look.…In Revit, let's go to Projects, let's go Open.…In chapter three, let's go to Text, and let's click Open.…What I'd like to do is go down to my top of footing level.…Now I'm going to come into this area over here.…I wanna put some text here, but before I do that,…let's go to our Annotate tab,…and let's look at our text settings.…So if we see Text, we have Text Types,…so let's go ahead and drill into Text Types.…
Now 3/32 Arial is the default text that I like,…but there's others in there.…Generally, I like to delete any other text style…that I don't wanna see my company use.…3/32 Arial, what I want to do is configure this.…My leader arrowhead, arrow 30 degrees is the worst…arrowhead ever, so I'm gonna go arrow filled 15 degrees.…Font's Arial, size is 3/32, width factor,…you know I like 0.8. I'm gonna click Okay.…Now what I'm going to do is I'm gonna go ahead…and click on my Text button.…
Now, some configuration choices.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.