Although we really don't dimension much in MEP in Revit, a little bird told me that knowing how to configure dimension types is on the certification exam. Of course it is! What we will do in this video is modify some dimension types. Then we will throw a bunch of different kinds of dimension into our model.
- [Instructor] We don't use dimensions as much…in MEP as we do in architecture and structure,…but we do use them still…and they're still on the exam,…so let's add some dimensions.…Under Projects, let's go to New,…and the Template File, we'll use Mechanical Template,…and let's click OK.…Let's go do Insert, let's grab a Revvit link,…and it's going to be our architectural model…in our Chapter Two folder,…let's click Open.…
Pin it,…hit Escape a few times.…Now I'm going to draw a pipe in here,…I'm going to go to Systems,…then I'm going to go to Pipe.…I'm going to draw it at 45 degrees coming straight down,…pick a point like right about here, at 31 feet or so,…now let's come over around 20 feet.…Hit Escape a few times,…there's our pipe.…Now let's dimension this,…the first dimension I want to do is,…let's go to our Annotate tab,…let's click on Aligned.…
I want to dimension the length of this pipe,…where it gets broken at our fitting.…But to do that, it's kind of hard,…because we can't quite get the end point.…So if we hover over the end of this,…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.