The reference to joists here is specifically bar joists, and we add them just like we add w-flange beams...with one exception. The joist seats give us a 2.5" problem. In this video we will be adding angle web K series bar joists to our roof. But we must first set our bearing beams 2.5" down for the joist seat to rest on.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this video…is add some bar joists to our roof.…The problem is bar joists…have a two and a half inch seat,…so we're gonna have to adjust our framing…to accommodate for that.…Under projects, let's click Open.…Let's find our joist model and click Open.…Let's go up to our roof level.…This looks pretty bare,…so let's label everything.…If you go to the Annotate tab,…and go to Tag All,…let's scroll down and find Structural Framing Tags,…let's click Apply,…let's click Okay.…
Ah ha, that looks a lot better.…Let's put some joists in.…Let's determine which way…we're gonna run our joist first.…Since we have perfect 25 foot bays,…it doesn't really matter,…but let's run our joist vertical.…That means that every beam that a joist bears on…has to be down two and a half inches.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna hit my Control key,…and I'm gonna start picking…all of my horizontal beams.…
Now, my start level offset and my end level offset…both need to be down 2.5 inches,…so I'm gonna click in here…I'm gonna type in -2.5 inches.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.