There are two ideas here for the exam. One is adding an angle for joist bridging, the other is adding a lateral brace frame. I cover both just to be sure. In this video, we will be adding an L3x3X1/4 to the bottom angle of our roof joists. We will put it in as bracing so that it shows up correctly in plan. Also we will create a bracing elevation and add some lateral bracing to a bay.
- [Voiceover] Let's look at how…we can start adding some cross bracing.…The first type of bracing I wanna do…is some uplift bridging for our joists.…The second one is gonna be a lateral brace frame.…So under projects, let's go open.…I wanna find our cross bracing file and click open.…Now what I'd like to do is put some bridging…right across the bottom of these joists.…So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go to my roof level.…I'm gonna come into here and there's…a couple of things I'm gonna have to do.…
First thing I'd like to do is loading some angles…So I'm gonna go to insert, I'm gonna go to load family,…I'm gonna scroll down to structural framing, steel.…I'm wanna grab an L Angle and click open.…These usually aren't too big.…They keep our joists from moving laterally.…So I'm gonna go down to L three by three by one half inch.…Then I'm gonna click okay.…Now what I'm gonna do is, I'm gonna go to the structure tab,…I'm gonna click on beam, L angle three by three by one half.…
So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna find my structural usage.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.