Schedules create lists of elements in the building model and show useful information about each item in the list. Each area scheme can show on its own schedule. Use area schedules to generate totals and subtotals, and to analyze your area distributions across the entire project.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'd like to consider…creating schedules from area elements,…so area elements can appear on their own schedules,…which is, of course, very useful for…generating lists and generating totals and subtotals.…So let's take a look at the general process.…So, on the View tab, I'm going to go to…Schedules, and Schedules and Quantities,…and the first thing I want you to see is,…if you look over here, at my project browser,…I have area plans, gross building,…and I have a single area plan, there,…for the street level, which gives the entire…footprint of the building.…And then beneath that, I have area plans rentable,…with levels one through level four, for my leasing plans.…
Notice that each of those shows up…as a separate category in the schedule creation dialog.…This is really helpful, because you won't have to…worry that if you do more than one area scheme…that's suddenly going to get redundant areas…showing up on different schedules.…So each area scheme generates its own separate schedule…
In this course, Paul F. Aubin explores the creation of area plans and areas, and discusses the workflow that enables them. Using these tools, see how you can group and quantify the spaces within a project, and create detailed and accurate calculations of all important areas. The resulting information can be presented graphically onscreen, printed, scheduled, reported, and exported as necessary to satisfy a variety of project stakeholders—those using Revit and those who don't. If you have found it difficult to capture the intricacies of area calculations in your Revit projects—or have only tried to do so using the room elements—then you owe it to yourself to give area elements a try.
- Getting started with area schemes
- Overview of the area scheme toolset
- Creating a Gross Building area calculation
- Calculating Rentable areas in a commercial building
- Creating Rentable area plans
- Customizing areas and area schemes
- Understanding area rules
- Non-traditional uses for area plans