All of the pieces finally come together when you begin adding areas and assigning them to specific area types. This will have an impact on location of any automatic area boundaries and dynamically adjust the area calculations.
- [Instructor] In this video I want to…continue with the built in area scheme called Rentable.…And we're going to add the third piece that is required…and that is the area elements themselves.…You may recall that in order to use an area scheme…you need an area plan, then you need…your area boundaries and then finally…you add your area elements.…So the area elements will be the focus of this video.…On the Architecture tab, we're going to go over here…to the Area dropdown and choose the Area command.…I'm currently working in the level one rentable area plan.…
You can see that I've already got the boundaries in place.…These things behave a lot like rooms.…Notice that if you're out here in space…it'll say not enclosed and just gives you…this generic rectangle, but as soon as…you move your mouse within an enclosed region…it will conform to the shape of that enclosed area.…However, I want to be very clear about that.…If I move my mouse up to this area,…where the toilet rooms are, notice that…it's not conforming to the shape…
In this course, Paul F. Aubin explores the creation of area plans and areas, and discusses the workflow that enables them. Using these tools, see how you can group and quantify the spaces within a project, and create detailed and accurate calculations of all important areas. The resulting information can be presented graphically onscreen, printed, scheduled, reported, and exported as necessary to satisfy a variety of project stakeholders—those using Revit and those who don't. If you have found it difficult to capture the intricacies of area calculations in your Revit projects—or have only tried to do so using the room elements—then you owe it to yourself to give area elements a try.
- Getting started with area schemes
- Overview of the area scheme toolset
- Creating a Gross Building area calculation
- Calculating Rentable areas in a commercial building
- Creating Rentable area plans
- Customizing areas and area schemes
- Understanding area rules
- Non-traditional uses for area plans