Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessing a multi-user project with worksharing, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie I want to talk briefly about what we do when we have a…multiple-user team.…In Revit your entire project lives in a single project file.…This raises a problem when you have more than one person on a team because only…one person can access the project file at a given time.…So this would not make it very practical for teams to work together.…So what Revit offers is a feature called worksharing.…With worksharing you have a central file, and this file is typically stored on a network server.…It can be any network server;…any map drive will do the job.…
And then each user on the project team creates what we call a local version or a…local copy of this file that they actually do their day-to-day work in.…The local copy is created literally on the local hard drive and it maintains a…connection back to the central file.…And what happens is every so often the users on the team will synchronize…with the central file that will take their changes and publish them to the…central file, and any changes made by their colleagues and bring them down and…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.