Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessing Revit options, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Most computer programs have user-configurable options.…In this movie, we are going to take a quick look at the Options dialog in…Revit and some of the settings that you may want to consider modifying on your own systems.…I am in a file called Condo Unit, but it doesn't really matter which file you…have open for this, we are not actually going to change the file in anyway, we…are going to really focus our energy up here on the Application menu, the big…R in the corner of the screen.…And if you open that up and you look way down here toward the bottom, there's an…Options button right here, and if I click on that it brings up this multi-tabbed…Options window which has many user-configurable settings.…
Now I am not going to go through every single setting in here but I am just…going to highlight a few of the important ones that you might be interested in…or some of the ones that you would be likely to be curious about right away.…And let's start with save reminders.…If you've been working on the computer for a while then you know how important it is to save.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.