Umbra 3D is a great choice for easy augmented reality architecture visualizations. Learn how to upload your Revit model to the cloud for optimization and then stream it to a mobile AR app on the iPad.
- [Instructor] While augmented reality tends to lag behind…a little bit in development compared to virtual reality,…there's still one really convenient augmented reality tool…that I'd like to show you.…It's called Umbra.…If you go to the Umbra site,…you can download the plug-in,…which is just this Umbra Export.…All you have to do is set up a 3D view…with all the settings that you want,…and any cropping that you want.…And then click Umbrafy.…After you enter in the Secret Key…that's just part of your account,…it'll pull up the projects that you set up,…and the View Slots.…
So you select which View Slot you want to put this into,…and click Umbrafy.…It then uploads the model to the Umbra website,…where they run it through their optimization algorithms…and get it ready to stream.…At its core, Umbra is an optimization software.…But they've made this convenient augmented reality app…where you can stream in the 3D model of your building…no matter how large and complex,…even into a mobile device.…After you've uploaded,…you can go to the website and check on its progress.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
7a. Multiuser Prototyping and Documentation for Revit in the Wild
Collaborative design review8m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.