Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video View settings, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] What I'd look to do now…is look at some of the additional view settings…we can configure, so our rebar doesn't look like garbage.…Let's jump into Structure 36.…Let's open up our TYPICAL FOUNDATION DETAIL.…I'm going to draw another dowel in here.…Go to Structure,…go to Rebar.…For Placement, let's go to Sketch Rebar.…
Select your floor.…I'm just going to draw a piece from here…over to here,…down to here,…way down into my wall,…going to tie that in real nice.…Click Finish.…Because our detail level is set to fine,…this is going to look funny.…I don't know anyone that shows rebar…as a hollow tube like that.…
Notice that you can select it and stretch it in and out,…which is kind of neat, but it looks stupid.…I like to have my detail level set to fine.…If I set my detail level to medium,…it shows the same.…If I set my detail level to coarse,…it kind of screws this up.…If I select my floor by tabbing onto it,…and I scroll down in my Properties.…Rephrase, if I click Edit Type,…notice that my Coarse Scale Fill Pattern is empty.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.