Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging a step footing, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] We're almost there with out stepped footing.…The problem is, if we stop here…it's not really realistic right?…They're not going to dig out the earth…to go straight down 90 degrees and straight over 90 degrees.…So we have to put those little wedges in the corners…of concrete, let's do that.…Let's go to structure_18.…Now the idea here is we're going to add what's called…an In Place Family.…Cause there's no real family or anything…to compensate for the fact that we need to come in…at basically a 45 degree angle almost.…To get that footing to step down correctly.…
So let's go down to our west elevation.…Now let's come into our foundation wall here.…I want to create an In Place Family, and we're…going to actually create an extrusion.…Go to the structure tab.…For component click the drop down,…let's go model in place.…Scroll down in your project browser till we find…structural foundations.…And then click okay.…
We'll call it Stepped…Footing.…Click okay.…I want to create an extrusion but what's going to happen…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.