Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging framing, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] I'd like to start tagging some framing.…Although Revit tags beams automatically,…there's a lot of ways we can manually tag them, as well.…I'm going to open Structure_26 to illustrate.…Let's go into Level 3.…Let's set the Detail Level to Coarse.…There's a couple of things we can do here.…Suppose we just want to tag the perimeter beams.…If I pick a window around everything here,…and I click Filter,…and I click Check None.…
I want to select Structural Framing Girder.…Click Apply and click OK.…Go up to the Annotate tab, select Tag All.…Scroll down until we find Structural Framing Tags.…Click it.…Notice that it says…Only selected objects in the current view.…Click Apply.…And click OK.…
We'll do that again in the Roof level.…In this case, if we go to Symbol,…here's where our Beam System symbol is.…And we can tag it that way.…We don't need to tag everything like that.…Let's go up to our Roof level.…Now, I want to pick a window around everything, again.…Click on Filter.…
Click Check None.…And again, let's select Structural Framing Girder.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 10m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.