Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Sloping slabs, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Okay, here's what I want to do.…It's kind of a cross between a floor and a ramp.…It's a sloped floor.…I'm run out of places to put floors and slabs,…but I see a need up here for some kind of closure…at the top of my elevator shaft.…Let's jump into Structure 46.…Let's go up to our penthouse.…Let's scroll into this.…Now, I want to go to the Structure tab.…
We're just going to put a floor up there.…It's going to serve as a roof,…but I just want to make the example how to slope this thing.…Click on Floor.…For the floor we'll go three inch lightweight concrete…on two inch comp metal deck.…The level's the penthouse.…Height offset, we can type in a zero.…Pick walls for the offset,…let's just go one foot.…Now I'm going to pick the outside face of this…and hit my Tab key once…and hit Escape a couple times.…
Now notice I have a Slope Arrow here.…I'm going to pick a point here…and I'm going to come right down…and I'm going to pick a point here.…I'm going to select this.…Notice I have Height at Tail.…Set a height at tail, let's click the dropdown and go Slope.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.