Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Sketching rebar, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] It'd be nice to dowel…this foundation wall into this footing.…Let's do it.…What we're going to do is we're just going to simply…sketch our rebar in, in any shape that we want.…So open Structure 34.…Let's make sure we're in our typical foundation detail.…Let's zoom in on our foundation wall.…Hit Escape a couple of times.…Let's go to Structure.…Let's click Rebar.…This time we want to click on Placement,…we want to Sketch Rebar.…
Now let's select the wall that we're going to sketch it into.…Very nice.…Now look at that, we have all these tools.…I'm just going to draw it in.…I'm going to pick a point like right about here.…I'm going to come straight down.…And pick a point like right about here.…I'm going to bring it over like that.…See the size of that bend?…That's because it's a number eight.…Let's hit the drop-down here and go back to four.…
Revit can calculate that bend for us.…I'm going to select this magenta line,…and I'm going to nudge it over to the left a little bit.…Click Finish Edit Mode.…Nice, it added a new shape.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.