Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Shaft openings, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Since we've modeled an elevator shaft,…we haven't really modeled a shaft opening.…Just because we have a CMU wall here…that goes all the way up to our penthouse,…that doesn't mean it's going to stop items such as…floors, roofs, or ceilings from passing straight through it.…What we're going to do in this video…is create what's called a shaft opening.…Essentially, it's going to be a void…that goes all the way up, so anything…like a floor, a roof, or a ceiling…that passes through it will be cut out.…Structural framing, however, will not be cut out.…We'll have to deal with that later.…
Jump in to Structure 16.…Let's go down to Level 1.…Let's zoom in on our masonry shaft.…Go to the Structure tab.…Notice how we have a few openings we can use.…I want to click on Shaft Opening.…On the Draw panel, let's click on the Pick Walls icon.…
For the offset, let's type in zero.…If we hover over this wall and hit Tab,…it might not work because we clicked into the offset.…So what I usually do when this happens,…if you hold down your wheel button…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.