Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Sections and callouts, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] I know we've added a couple sections…of culottes already, but let's make it official.…Under models, I'm going to go open.…Browse to chapter nine.…Open up structure 47.…Click open.…Looking pretty good!…Let's go down to level one.…Zoom into here.…Let's click on this section button.…
Let's pick a point right here,…and I'm going to cut a section right through my…elevator pit.…Zoom out.…I'm going to pull this section back in,…just so we can see just beyond it.…To those columns I'm going to pull this over here.…Hit escape a couple times.…Now to avoid confusion, I'm going to select my section marker.…I'm going to click on this little gaps and segments icon here.…Notice that I can pull this out a little bit.…
I can pull that out a little bit.…If I click this, this will actually recycle between a tail,…nothing, and another bubble.…Hit escape a couple times.…Let's open up that section.…And we can see stuff beyond, so, our floor slab…kind of stops below it, which it really should not do,…but that's okay.…At least now we cut the section we can see that.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.