Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Retaining walls and footings, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Okay, what I'd like to do here…is model a retaining wall.…Then underneath that retaining wall,…we're going to model a retaining footing.…So, let's jump into our retaining walls model…that I have saved in my Chapter-03 file.…Let's go down to Level 1 structural plan.…Let's open this section to see…what we're dealing with here.…Okay, got some earth that drops straight down…and goes straight over.…We're going to send it down to top of footing,…and then the top we'll set to Level 2.…
Perfect.…Let's go back down to Level 1 structural plan.…Now, let's click on Structure.…Let's click on Wall.…Let's click to dropdown here,…and let's grab Retaining 12" concrete.…For the location line, let's click the dropdown,…let's go Finish Face Exterior.…For the base constraint,…let's go to top of footing.…
For the top constraint, let's go up to Level 2.…Location line, let's set this to Finish Face Exterior.…16 feet high, it's a good high wall.…Okay, now.…I am going to come right down here…and I'm going to pick a point right here.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.