Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Plotting, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] It's time to print.…This is actually a lot easier than it was in AutoCAD,…especially when it comes to what AutoCAD…used to call batch plotting.…Revit just does that naturally, so let's just take a look.…I'm going to jump into Structure_60.…Go to the File tab, go to Print,…go back up to Print.…I'm not sure what drivers are on this machine,…so I'll just used Microsoft Print to PDF.…
If we are printing to PDF,…I like to combine multiple selected views…into a single file.…Let's look at Print Range, there's three different choices.…We can print the current window,…which means we're going to print this sheet.…If we're in a view, we can do the same thing.…Visible portion of current window,…so if I was to just zoom in on this area,…it's like printing a window in AutoCAD,…it will just print that area.…Selected views and sheets, that's my favorite.…I'm going to click Select right here.…
Uncheck Views, check it out, batch plotting.…I'm going to click these.…This one's suspicious, so I'm going to skip that.…I'm going to click OK.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.