Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Pitching floors to structure, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] What I'd like to do now…is create some pitched framing.…I don't want to keep doing steel framing…'cause that would be boring.…Let's create a concrete structure this time.…Under models, let's go new.…For the template file, let's grab structural template.…Click okay.…Let's go down to level one.…Let's create a structural grid.…Go to the structure tab, let's create a grid.…
I'm going to pick a line right here to here.…I'm going to turn on that bubble and hit escape a couple times.…Now I'm going to select column line one.…And I'll have to show you a little trick.…Let's click array.…For the number, I want five.…Now I'm going to move to second.…Let's constrain it.…
Pick a base point, like right here,…and let's come down 25 feet and pick that point.…We have five grid lines.…Hit escape a couple times.…Pick a window around all of these…and let's just click on un-group.…Kind of cool.…Let's right click on column line one, you create similar.…Pick a point here.…Let's pick a point here.…Let's turn on our bubble.…
We'll call that A.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.