Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Pier schedules, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Okay, let's make a pier schedule.…This one's actually a little trickier…than the footing schedule, only because of the fact…that these are columns and we have to trick Revit…into thinking they're piers.…That's fine, we can do that.…So let's jump into Structure_54.…Now, let's go down to our top of footing.…Let's grab these two special fellas.…This one here, and then hit your Control key…and select that one there.…
Click Edit Type.…I want to duplicate these, and I'm actually going to keep…that name, just like I did with the footings.…Click OK.…Click OK.…I don't want to make those P1,…I just want to make 'em different.…Click OK.…Now, come off to our common one.…Let's click this.…I want to make this P1.…Click Edit Type.…Scroll down to Type Mark, all caps, let's call it P1.…Click OK.…
Now let's grab this one we just modified.…Click Edit Type.…We are going to call that, you guessed it, P2.…Click Apply, click OK.…Now remember, in the last video, these two are special,…so select this one here.…Click Edit Type.…This will be P3.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.