Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Phasing, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- Let's talk about phasing.…Gone are the days when we build a brand new building…out in the middle of a field somewhere.…Pretty much most of our projects are going to be…some kind of renovation or another.…Revit handles phasing very well.…So let's dig in and find out how.…Under models I'm going to go open,…browse my chapter 12 and grab my structure 57…and I'm going to hit open.…First thing I'm going to do is go to manage.…Just below the manage tab is the phases.…
Click on number one existing…and let's insert a phase after that.…Instead of phase one, we're going to call it demolition…and hit enter.…Notice that the past and the future, that comes in handy…when we're talking about setting up our views.…Click apply, click OK.…All right, let's go to a 3-D view.…Let's pick a window around every object we see.…
Let's go to filter,…let's click check none.…Let's click on floors,…ramps,…shaft openings,…stairs.…Let's go down to structural beam systems,…structural columns,…structural foundations, structural framing girder,…let's go to structural framing other,…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.