Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Perpendicular to face, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now I'd like to put in some horizontal bars.…Remember in AutoCAD, we used to…have to create a donut to do this?…Now we actually use rebar.…So, let's open up Structure 33.…Make sure you're in the Typical Foundation Detail.…So scroll down in your Project Browser,…go into Sections, Typical Foundation Detail, perfect.…Then zoom in on our beautiful foundation.…Go to Structure, click on Rebar.…
We still want to use the same shape,…however we want it in another orientation,…so for our placement, we're going to go Perpendicular to Cover.…Make sure that stuck, okay.…For our Rebar Set for our layout, let's go Maximum Spacing,…and for the Spacing, let's go a foot, enter, one, enter.…Now, I'm going to come into here…and I'm going to pick a spot like right about there…because I'm going to make this a little fatter.…
Select it, let's put it on a number eight bar.…I'm only doing that for graphics, there we go.…Select this rebar, I'm going to copy it.…Pick a point right about here and let's copy it…on down to here, hit escape a couple times.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.