Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding brace-frame gussets, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] What I'd like to do now is…model some gussets.…Again, we're going to do an in-place family.…So, what I want to do is,…I want to go back to our brace bay elevations.…So, open Structure_40.…Let's come in here.…Let's double-click on Brace Frame Elevation.…Here it is, okay.…We need to model an in-place family.…Remember we did the step footing?…This is a very similar situation.…
You're not going to find the families…in the way that you want to configure your gusset plates.…So, let's go ahead and model something in place.…To do that, we will go to the structure tab.…We will click the Component drop down,…and we will select Model In-Place.…Let's categorize it as Structural Stiffeners,…and let's click OK.…We'll call it Brace Frame A Gusset.…
I think there's two Ts.…I think there's one, one T.…I don't know. Yeah.…What I want to do now is create an extrusion.…The good thing is, if we click Set,…Revit knows where we are, around grid line F.…So, I'm going to hit Cancel.…Now, the Extrusion End, let's type in -1/2 inch.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.