Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying beam systems, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Narrator] As you can see,…we clearly have a problem right here.…What I'd like to do in this video…is figure out how we're going to cut these beams back…and frame it in so someone can get some deck around this.…So, these beams actually are penetrating through here.…I am in structure 22.…If I zoom out and take gander down my shaft,…there they are, so let's frame these in.…Let's go to level two.…Zoom into this area.…First got to do is I want to draw…a beam coming through here.…
I'm going to go to my structure tab and click beam…and I want to make this 12 by 26.…Now, I'm going to come in six inches…off the outside face of that wall.…Pick this point here, come straight over to here.…There it is.…Going to select this, right-click, create similar,…and I'm going to do it again down here.…
Six inches, pick a point here,…come in here, hit escape a couple times.…W 12 by 26 is kind of in the way,…I can move that up, that one's in the right spot.…Actually why don't I move this down.…It's getting congested, but that's alright.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.