Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting AutoCAD, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Okay, sometimes we just need…to bring in AutoCAD.…I all else fails, we can go back…to what worked for the last 20 years.…So, let's do it.…Let's go into Structure_50.…What we need to do is make a drafting view.…So, go to View and click on this icon here,…it's called Drafting View.…For the name,…we'll call it Edge…Beam.…
We'll keep the scale at inch and a half equals a foot.…We'll click Okay.…Now, this is a blank canvas.…We can just start drawing stuff in here,…or more popularly, we can bring in AutoCAD.…Let's go to Insert.…Let's click on Import CAD.…Browser where you're keeping your Exercise files,…I'm going to grab Typical Perimeter Beam section.…Down here, I'm going to say color's Black and White.…
I like to select Visible for Layers or Levels.…Import Units I'm going to Auto Detect.…Center to Center works very nicely.…I'm going to click Open.…Double click your Wheel button.…Now, check it out.…AutoCAD, alright.…So, what we can do is we can select this.…Now, we can select Query,…and select any kind of item we want…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.