Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video File sharing, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] The best part about Revit…is the fact that a bunch of people can be in one model…at the same time.…Some people say that the worst part about Revit…is the fact that a bunch of people can be in one model…at the same time.…What I want to do is show you how to be in one model…at the same time.…It's called work sharing.…So let me explain it to you a little bit.…What happens is when we have a file shared environment…or a work shared environment, that means we're setting up…Revit so multiple users can access the same model.…That model's called the central model.…
That model is going to reside on your shared server,…where ever that may be.…So, when you come in as a user,…you're going to go into Revit, and select file open…and you're going to browse for the central model…that's on your server.…You're going to select that model.…But Revit's going to have a check box that says…create local.…It's usually on my default.…So when you go to click on that model,…what Revit does is, in the background,…it creates a copy of that model on your local drive…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.