Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the truss bottom chord, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Since we're able…to modify the top chords so easily,…I'd like to look at how we can modify the bottom chords.…Since we don't have anything to attach it to…we're going to have to physically edit the profile…of one of these trusses.…Let's do it,…let's jump into trusses-03.…Let's go to our roofs level.…I'm going to cut a section through this one.…Click on the section button.…I'm going to pick a point right here…and then I'm going to come down to here.…
I'm going to pull this back.…Hit escape a couple of times.…Double click, on your section to open it up.…Set your detail level to fine.…You know what, I want to set my visual style…to realistic just because it's pretty.…Now if you hover over the middle of your truss…you can select it.…See where all the dotted lines are?…Now what we want to do is,…we want to edit profile.…
A truss and or a top bottom chord is ignored.…What's going to happen, it's going to ignore…that slope temporarily as we're editing it.…Click okay.…Now,…I'm going to go to architecture ref plane.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.