Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing trusses, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- Alright let's clean this mess up.…There's going to be two things I want to use here.…One's going to be called coping, which we've used before.…And the other is going to be beam joints.…Both are equally as effective.…Let's open Trusses04…Let's go to our roof plan.…Let's open this section up again.…There's a lot going on here.…Let's zoom into this area here.…The first thing I want to do is use my Cope command.…
If I go to modify,…and I click on cope,…notice down on the bottom it says, "First Pick:…Select element to be coped".…So I'd like to cope this element, to this element, right?…So I'm going to pick on this element,…I'm going to pick on that element.…Hit escape.…Let's come down here.…Now I want to run that up into my top Trusse so…what I'm going to do here is I'm going to hover over…this tab onto it,…and select it.…
I'm going to unpin it.…Now I am going to grab this grip, and I'm going to move it…into that other framing member.…I'm going to go to modify, cope.…I want to cope this out to that.…I want to cope this up to that.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.