Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating view templates, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now that we know how to…configure our views,…and make them look any way that we want,…it'd be nice if we could capture those settings.…That way, when we have a floor plan,…or a section, or elevation,…we can just simply right-click on that view,…and apply a template setting to it.…And all of our visibility graphic overrides…will be applied to that view.…So,…In Revit, I'm going to jump into Structure_05.…So Level 1 is set up for a fine detail level.…It looks like I have wire frame turned on.…So, I'm going to click Wire Frame,…and I'm going to go to Hidden Line.…
Didn't seem to change it much,…but that's okay.…And we know that our discipline…is set for coordination.…So what I'm going to do on Level 1,…is I'm going to right-click on Level 1.…And I'm going to create View Template from View.…For the name, I'll call it "Plan…Coordination".…Then I'll click OK.…It brings us into our view template dialog.…
Now we can look at the other templates…that are predefined,…but this is a new one that we had.…We'll do "Plan Coordination".…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.