Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating thickened slabs, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- So, we need to thicken our slab edges.…Let's do it. Let's jump into Structure 30.…Let's go down to level one under Structural Plans.…If you go to the Structure tab under Floor,…notice there's a little pull down menu here.…Let's click Floor Slab Edge.…We have a Slab Thickened 24' x 12",…that's not the only thing we're stuck with.…
Click Edit Type, notice the profile,…that's just a 2D profile.…Click the drop down and there's actually three of them.…We could throw any profile on there if we wanted to.…Let's investigate this.…Hit cancel.…In your properties, let's scroll down…till we find Families and drill into that.…Scroll down till you find Profiles…and drill into that.…Drill into Slab Edge Thickened.…
Here's those three profiles we just saw.…We're going to use 36' x 12"…but let's just double click on that.…36' x 12", we could make a new one if we want.…Click duplicate. Call it 48' x 12", whatever we want.…Get rid of that number two. Click okay.…The width can be 4'. That's it. It's that easy.…You're not just stuck with one slab edge.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.