Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating stairs, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Let's add some stairs here.…The problem is we have different heights for our stories…going up because of the fact that we had to offset our slab.…But that's OK.…We'll deal with it.…Let's open up structure 43.…Let's go to a 3D view.…Well, we kind of screwed this 3D view up,…so let's fix it.…Let's set our detail level to fine.…Let's set our visual style to realistic.…
Let's type in V, G.…Let's go to analytical model categories, select all.…Turn everything off.…Go to model categories.…Scroll down to stairs.…We're going to want to turn those on.…Let's turn off structural area reinforcement…and structural rebar, just 'cause it kind of bleeds through.…Click apply.…Click OK.…There, that looks a little better.…
What I want to do though is I want to select this floor.…And I want to click on copy, right here.…Copy to clipboard.…Notice now the paste icon becomes active.…Let's click the paste pull down,…and let's aligned to selected levels.…And let's go up to level three, four, and five.…Let's click OK.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin27h 49m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.