Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a slab on grade, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Let's start getting into slabs. What I'd like to do in this video is to create basically a slab on grade. We'll do it in our Level One Structural Plan. Under Models, let's click Open. Let's browse to Chapter Five, I'm going to grab Structural 27. I'm going to click Open, okay. Let's go down to Level One Structural Plan. In the Properties, let's scroll down til we find Discipline, let's turn this back to Structural, apply, let's set our Detail level to Course.
There we go. Now, I want to go to the Structure tab, let's click on Floor. For the floor, let's click the dropdown, here, let's click on 6" Concrete. Let's click Edit Type, click Structure. This is what I want, six inches with concrete. Click OK, click OK. Now notice that when we go to put reinforcing in here, any concrete element we have, is going to have rebar cover, and we'll look at these configurations when we get into reinforcing.
For Boundary Line, click on Pick Walls. Now I'm going to click the outside edge, of my foundation walls. Just like that. Cool, it's pretty easy. Click on the Finish Edit Mode button.
Revit wants to know if we'd like to attach the walls that go up to this floor's bottom to attach to its bottom, yes we do, click Yes. Perfect. Hit Escape a couple times. Yeah, really, there it is. That looks just like a typical structural foundation plan.
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.