Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating slab depressions, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] One last thing I'd like to do with Slabs…is create a Slab Depression, not that it's sad or anything.…But, now a lot of times I see people go to a floor plan…and just start drawing in detail lines.…I don't like doing that.…I'll show you how easy it is.…Let's go to Structure 31.…Let's go to Level 1.…I want to create a Slab Depression right here.…So, what I'm going to do is, I'm going to create…what's called an In-Place Family.…
So go to the Structure tab.…On the Component drop down,…let's select, Model In-Place.…Let's scroll down, let's call it Structural Foundations.…Call it Depression-1.…It's a terrible name, but just call it that…for the sake of posterity.…Click OK.…Now, I want to come inside of these column lines…and then I want to cut that out right here.…
What I want to do is create a Void Form.…So click on Void Forms.…Let's go to Void Extrusion.…Okay.…For the Extrusion End, let's say minus three inches, enter.…Nah, that's pretty deep.…Let's go minus one inch.…Nah, let's go minus two inches.…Make sure it's a Void.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.