Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a pier tag, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] We've already messed with some framing tags,…but this time I'd like to jump down…and do some custom tags for our foundations.…After we tag it I'd also like to make…a foundation plan sheet and put all these schedules onto it.…Let's open Structure_55.…In the Project Browser let's go down to type of footing.…Come in to any one of these footings,…and I'm going to tag that footing.…Click on the Tag by Category button right here.…
Uncheck Leader, and let's pick it.…For our orientation let's go Horizontal.…Now let's pick it.…I'm going to click the move button, kind of move it out.…That's not what I want, so let's hit escape a couple times.…Let's click that three foot six by three foot six.…Let's click Edit Family.…Let's select this.…This is simply a tag.…I'm going to pull these in a little bit,…though, just like that.…
Let's click Edit Label,…and for the Type Name I want that to go away,…so I'm going to select that and I'm going to click the red remove.…Let's scroll down 'til we find Type Mark.…Let's add that.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 20m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.