Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a material takeoff, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- Now with scheduling behind us…we can delve into the world of material takeoffs.…In this video I'd like to create…obviously a material takeoff.…It's really pretty similar to a schedule…just there's more calculations we can perform.…Let's jump into Revit.…Let's go to Structure 56.…Let's go to the view tab.…Let's click this schedules dropdown,…let's grab material takeoff.…It's going to be a multi-category schedule…because there's a lot of different items that…have the same material in it.…
But for the name I'm just going to call it…CAST IN PLACE all caps…CONCRETE,…that's all.…New Construction, click OK.…Now let's see what we want to bring in.…The first one I'll grab is Family and Type.…So let's scroll down and find…Family and Type.…
Let's click the Add Parameters button.…Now if we scroll down we'll see our materials field,…so the first one I want to bring in is Material Name…of course, add that,…I want to go for Material Volume,…Material Volume let's grab that, and I'd like to…go for Material Area probably up top, grab that.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.