Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating levels, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now that our architectural model…is linked into our blank model,…we can start to think about items…other than the physical building we used from the architect.…Levels are one of those items.…By going to the south elevation,…we're going to locate the architectural levels.…Then we're going to create our own top…of steel elevations six inches…below the architectural finish floor elevations.…Then we're going to add a penthouse level,…so let's get started.…Under models, I'm going to go open,…browse to where you're keeping your exercise files…and I'm going to grab structure two.…
Click open.…Now notice that we're in level two.…What I want to do to create levels…is go to either an elevation or a section,…which we don't have yet.…To go to an elevation, we can do one of two things.…If I zoom in on this south elevation here,…I did that by wheeling my button away from me,…we'll see we have south.…If I hover over it, it says views elevation south.…The reason in the last video I had you pick a window…around these two items…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.