Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a column schedule, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- You're about to find out…that Revit keeps track of everything.…Remember that column offset we just did?…Revit seems to know exactly what you're doing.…What I want to do here is explore just how Revit…creates a column schedule.…So to do that let's jump into Structure 9.…Because we've added a grid…and then we've added columns,…we're able to now create a column schedule.…Let's go to the View tab.…There's a little drop-down here that says Schedules.…Let's hit that pull-down.…Let's select Graphical Column Schedule…and it produces it pretty quickly.…
We zoom into here.…We'll see now that we got level one zero.…If we have any offsets it's going to show up here.…And here's our grid intersections.…Here's the columns here with our offset.…Not much more to it than this.…This our roof level.…What we can do too is,…if we zoom in on a column…and check it out we select it,…it's an actual column.…
It doesn't add this column to our total,…but it's a physical, actual column,…so therefore it's going to behave…with our visual style, right?…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.