Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating column offsets, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Just because we use the grid…to basically lock in our columns,…that doesn't mean we can't move…a few columns around here and there.…The objective of this video…is to select a couple columns and move them,…then we're going to go back…and examine the properties of the columns…to see how Revit displays the offsets…in the properties.…Open structure A.…Under structural plans, let's go to level one.…These columns are kind of floating…in the middle of this hallway here,…so I want to move these two this way four feet.…
I want to move these two this way four feet.…So, I'm going to pick a window around these two columns.…Again, remember, I'm picking a window…from the left to the right,…ensuring that I'm only getting the two columns.…Once I select them, you can verify that.…If you look down here,…there's a little filter that says the effect…that we have two items selected.…Cool.…Zoom into these columns.…Click Move.…Select the midpoint of that column.…
Go in this direction, type 4', hit enter.…And then where we bought him.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.