Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a CMU elevator shaft, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Since elevator shafts are generally,…a structural item, we'll address it here.…So let's model an elevator shaft.…I'm going to open Structure_14.…I'd like to make a new level called penthouse.…So let's go down to our south elevation.…So in the Project Browser,…let's go Elevations, South elevation.…Let's right-click on roof and let's go to Create Similar.…
On the Draw panel, click the pic lines button.…We'll make this 10 feet.…Hover over roof and let's offset roof up into the sky.…Let's go 10 feet.…Now let's turn on this side.…Hit escape a couple times.…Let's select level eight.…Click it again and let's rename it to PENTHOUSE.…Click Enter.…
Would you like to rename corresponding views?…We sure do, click Yes.…Okay, hit Escape.…Let's go down to Level 1 structural plan…zoom in here.…You know what,…I want to turn my architectural model off for a while.…In my Project Browser, let's scroll down until…we find Revit Links.…Let's drill into that.…If we right click on architectural.rvt,…let's just unload it.…
Yes, we just want to unload it.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.