Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy paste aligned, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now this part of Revit's pretty cool.…Suppose we want identical framing going all the way up.…Well, we can do that.…So what we're going to do is we're going to physically copy…these items to the clipboard…and we're going to use good old fashioned paste…and paste them to the levels above.…Let's jump into Structure 23.…Let's go to Level Two, Structural Plan.…If you're wondering, I'm leaving these beams out on purpose.…
Go ahead and pick a window around your entire model.…Now go to the Filter button.…Click Check None.…Now I want to select all of my frames,…so we'll go Structural Beam Systems,…Structural Framing Girder,…Structural Framing Joists.…Let me make sure that's all of it.…It is, so click Apply.…Click Okay.…
Now, I want to click on the Copy to Clipboard button,…right here.…So click on Copy to Clipboard.…Let's go to a 3D view.…We don't have to do that,…but I always like to just see the results.…Go to Modify,…click the Paste pull-down menu.…Let's select Aligned to Selected Levels.…Let's go to Level Three, Four, Five, as well as Roof.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.