Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy monitor, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Just because the architect had levels…that you're able to use as a guide,…that doesn't mean the architect isn't going to run into…some reason to change the elevation of those levels.…That's okay we're covered.…With the copy monitor function,…we can literally keep track of the architect's…indecision by keeping a live monitor on their level.…So, when the architect moves one,…we'll get what's called the coordination alert…allowing us to move our level,…ignore it or postpone it.…So, let's get started.…I'm going to open my structure three.…I'm in the level two view.…
So, what I want to do is go to my south elevation.…We can either double click it here…or remember, we have the project browser…brings us to the same thing.…Now, we have our levels where we want them…but in case the architect decides to move one,…we'll keep an eye on it.…Go to collaborate.…Click the copy monitor drop down menu…and click select link.…If you select the architecture model anywhere on it,…it should outline the entire link.…
Once you see that outline pick it.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.