Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Coping, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] I want to look at how we can physically…cope our beams in the 3D model.…This goes into the detailing part…of what we're going to be doing here.…But we can physically cope the beams.…And it actually gets coped in a 3D model.…There's two different ways to do it.…Let's take a look.…Let's open up Structure_48.…Let's make sure we're in the typical framing section.…Now I want to zoom into this area here and select this beam.…
Let's unpin it.…Now notice, we can grab this little grip…and drag this in right till it hits the middle of that beam.…Hit Esc a couple times.…Go to the Modify tab and click the Cope button.…Now down here, Revit's going to say first pick,…select element to be coped.…I'm going to select my beam here,…then I'm going to select this beam here.…
Bingo, and it copes it out.…Now I'm not a huge fan of that.…So let's look at another way we can do it.…Let's come down to this side.…Let's select this beam.…It's already unpinned, so we can pull it into this beam.…Hit Esc.…Now, instead of coping it, let's go to the Structure tab.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.