Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the connection settings, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- Okay, now to the good stuff, the new Steel tab. … I'm loving this tab … 'cause we can now efficiently model connections in Revit, … where before we didn't even try to spend … that much time creating this stuff. … So, let's take a look at … how we can get some connections loaded into our model. … In Revit, under Models, let's go to New. … For the template file, click the drop-down, let's go … to Structural template, click Okay. … Next, let me introduce you to the new Steel tab. … The very first button is Connection. … What happens if we just simply click Connection? … We look down in our properties … and there are no connections loaded. … So, we got to bring some in. … Hit Escape a few times. … The reason they're not loaded is because there's so many. … It's a good problem to have. … We can click this drop-down … and make sure we turn on Show warnings in views … because sometimes it won't make the connection, … but it'll tell you why. … Now, under Connection, … click the Connection Settings button, right here. …
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.