Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring beam joins, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] I hate it when our steel is exposed.…That means it's got to look nice.…What I'd like to do in this video…is look at how we can get our beam ends to miter.…I'm going to open my Beam Joins model.…Let's go to Level 2.…I'm going to zoom in here.…I'm going to right-click on this beam,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…In my Draw panel, I'll just click Lines.…And I am going to pick here.…
I'm going to come down to here.…And I'm going to come down to here.…Hit Escape a couple times.…Let's go to a 3D view.…Set our Visual Style to Realistic.…I want to look down on this corner right here.…Select one of these beams.…Now click on this icon right here…that says Beam/Column Joins.…
I believe it's this one.…If we click this here, we're going to miter that,…and we can lock that miter.…So if this is not 90 and we lock the miter,…this will stay mitered.…And this one, I think we got to pick on that little guy there…if we can get it.…There we go.…Lock it down.…
So there we go.…I know it's a short video,…but this is how you configure beam joins.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin40h 10m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.