Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing truss materials, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Narrator} With our trusses in…they're actually pretty sloppy.…The first thing I notice,…is the actual material that we're using.…Not a big fan of the W shapes. So what I want to do,…is configure these trusses to be wood members.…So open Truss zero two.…Let's insert some wood.…Click on insert.…Click on load family.…Scroll out of this directory.…
We're in US imperial.…Let's scroll down to structural framing.…Let's go to wood.…Let's grab some dimension lumber.…Got some choices here.…I'm going to scroll down, I'm going to grab a four by eights,…found by ten, four by twelve.…Let's click OK.…I'm going to pan around til I can grab any one of my trusses…and select it.…
Let's click edit type.…Now we can change the structural framing type right here.…Instead of set framing type,…I'm going to grab four by tens up there.…For my vertical webs, we use four by eights for this.…For my diagonal webs, I'll grab four by eights for that.…Scroll down to bottom cord.…Framing type.…I'm going to grab four by twelve for that puppy.…
Let's click apply.…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin27h 49m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.