Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Cantelivering slab edges, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Since we put our deck in…we have to deal with the edges.…The problem is we need to cantilever our concrete over,…but keep our decking back a little bit.…There's a specific way to do that in Revit.…Let's open Structure 29.…Let's go down to Level Two.…If we zoom in here and just hover over this area…we'll probably be able to select a slab.…So go ahead and select your six inch…concrete with metal deck.…
Let's click on Edit Boundary.…Set your detail level to Fine…that way we can see where our flanges end up.…If you select this magenta line,…notice that each of these lines has their own properties.…We could define a slope, but we're not going to,…but if we want to cantilever either the concrete…or the steel decking.…So for concrete, I'm never sure if it's minus or positive.…
I'm going to type in minus four inches.…That's going to be about right.…Hit Escape a couple times.…Select this one.…Let's see if this is minus four inches, perfect.…I'm going to keep going around.…Select this, minus four inches, is it right?…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.