Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching trusses to roofs, part of Revit 2020: Essential Training for Structure (Imperial).
- [Instructor] Now that our truss is in,…I'd like to attach them to the roof.…I'm going to add a couple more just for good measure, though.…Let's open the Trusses-01.…Let's go to our roof plan.…Let's go to Structure, then let's go to Structural Trusses.…We're going to put one right here,…I'm going to come all the way into here.…Here we go.…
Maybe I'll put one here, to here.…Maybe I'll go from here, to here.…These are going to be cool.…You got to go from here, to here.…One thing I'm going to do, though,…is make sure these things are all kind of straight.…
So I'm going to pick a window around everything.…Let's click on the Filter button.…Check None.…Let's select Structural Trusses,…and click Apply, click OK.…I want to make sure my Start Level and End Level Offset…are all set for zero.…Sometimes that gets a little wonky.…Let's go to a 3D view now and test this out.…
I want to attach all of these trusses to this roof.…Know that you cannot attach trusses to a roof…that's linked into your model.…Usually what I'll do is I will copy monitor…
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding steel columns
- Creating foundations with footings, piers, and pilasters
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding framing with beam systems
- Creating a slab floor
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
- Adding connections with the Steel tab tools
Skill Level Beginner
Cert Prep: Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professionalwith Eric Wing2h 45m Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin28h 16m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
13. The Steel Tab
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.